KaVo DIAGNOdent Laser Cavity Finder
ADA approved, the KaVo DIAGNOdent laser is a revolutionary way to detect cavities using sound. Using a low-density laser, hidden decay is found much the same way a metal detector locates metal objects in the ground. When the laser pinpoints a cavity, it produces a sound. Thanks to this new technology, your dentist at Santa Cruz River Dental can discover unseen decay long before other conventional methods and provide treatment before larger oral problems develop. The procedure is quick and pain-free.
The DIAGNOdent Laser Scanning Process
- First, the laser is calibrated to your teeth by scanning one of your cleaned surface areas
- Once the laser is calibrated, all of your teeth will be comfortably scanned within a few minutes
- The laser desktop unit will emit an audio signal when cavities are discovered and provide a digital readout of the cavity location
- The degree of tooth decay depends on the amount of fluorescence recorded
Advantages of the DIAGNOdent Laser Cavity Finder
- Proven to be 100% accurate in finding subsurface cavities that traditional methods may miss.
- The procedure only takes a few minutes and is painless.
- Because decay is found early, small issues can be corrected before becoming problematic.
- Fixing small problems early means less dental work, which saves you money.
- The laser is completely harmless to your mouth tissue and doesn’t require protective eyewear.
For more information about the KaVo DIAGNOdent laser or to make an appointment, contact us at 520-547-2328 today!